Friday, June 10, 2016

Desire 510 on FreedomPop ... Out of Storage ... Help ... Kernel? Custom ROM?

FreedomPop now sells the HTC Desire 510. I bought it for my daughter thinking that 4GB would be enough storage for her, but when I ran my first round of app updates, the phone's storage filled up! I checked it out and there is so much bloat on the phone, that it can't be usable for a little girl who might want to install an app or game or two.

I have rooted it and tried Link2SD, but it won't auto mount an ext3 or ext4 partition on boot and therefore, the apps moved to the SD card can't be found when the phone boots.

I'm assuming the problem is with the kernel.

Ordinarily I would just put a custom ROM on a phone and be done with it, but FreedomPop uses some unique network settings that make it difficult to just replace a ROM.

My question is whether anyone has this phone on FreedomPop and what you are doing to make it into a usable phone?

Are you using a custom kernel?

If you are using a custom ROM, how did you configure the FreedomPop settings?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TYLt13
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment