Sunday, June 12, 2016

Help! SMS & MMS Stopped Working!

My Problem(s)::crying:

SMS messages give an immediate error that they could not be sent. MMS messages say sending for many minutes before finally giving the same error.

Did it ever work?

Yes. I had sent and received SMS messages after flashing. Cannot confirm MMS, becuase I had not used it since flashing my ROM.

What precipitated / brought the problem to the fore?

I was trying to get Sprint voicemail working on my recently flashed phone ([ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][moto_msm8960_jbbl] PAC-ROM 4.4.4.RC-2). I tried several apk's for Sprint's Visual Voice. I could not get 5.x or 6.x to work. After following a few dead end threads with those, I installed Google Voice and was trying to use it for my Sprint voicemail. With each of these I uninstalled and rebooted before going on the next try.

I see threads about Google Hangouts causing problems with Sprint SMS /MMS. It is installed, but I am unfamiliar with the App because I have never used it. I think it is only there because Google Voice needs it.

I have used Google Voice on my laptop to call Red Pocket Mobile when I need to troubleshoot my phone. So, before I installed it on my phone I already had it set up in my google account. Not sure how/why that matters, but there is the possibiltiy that some configuration setting in my account is wrong for integrating with my XT897.

Basic Troubleshooting Info:

I can do any of these without a problem on wi-fi or LTE: Google Play Store, Chrome, Firefox, etc. I am also able to make and receive voice calls.

In PAC-ROM:

Settings - Wireless Networks - More... -

Default SMS app is set to Messaging

Voice+:

Setting this to Disabled and rebooting does not fix
Setting this to my Google Voice gmail account does not fix


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UuKnK3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment