Saturday, June 11, 2016

Updated to 6.0.1, CAN THIS BE UNDONE??

First, I'd like to say that while I'm not new to this, I AM quite rusty. So before you call me retarded for doing what I did, I already know. Now...

I have been just daily driving along on 4.4.2 for a good few years on my phone but I just got a Tab4 and rooted it and noticed that the TWRP version I wound up with was newer than on my phone, and had a few more options. Sooo, I tried to Odin the TWRP to my phone and caused all kinds of problems. Wouldn't boot. So I downloaded everything I could get my hands on to try to Odin onto the G900V to get it up and running again. The ONLY this I could flash was this...

PD1_Full_Factory_Restore_No_Aboot.tar

So now the phone is on the 6.0.1 which I figured was great but quickly noticed that not everything was working. No WiFi, no Camera, no Back and Recent keys, so obviously unacceptable. Is this too new to be undone? I spent all night last night and today reading through the various forums, and I haven't seen it directly addressed.

Here are my questions...

1. Can I root this and fix the issues from there? If so, with what tool?
2. If I cannot yet root this, how do I downgrade from this kernel/firmware to something that is at least stable for this device?

Point me in the right direction, I'm not a total newb. I've rooted many devices, many times, but I really haven't been keeping up on anything for some time. Any help would be awesome, I'll pour some beer out for you, Thx in advance.

~Chris

Can this be rooted or downgraded?
additional info

I tried all of these, none will flash via Odin

None but the DPD1 will flash


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1PmhG0k
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment