Sunday, August 28, 2016

Bricked after editing build.prop

Hi, All!

I rooted my galaxy s5 mini (SM-g800F) using kingo root.
Since then i edited something in the build.prop that said something like 'ro.securesystem=true' and deleted the whole sentance (before, after and including the =) and replaced it with 'false'- I did this so i could see the wifi keys of the networks ive previously connected to).

i rebooted my device and got stuck in a bootloop.

I started watching a video turorial online to fix the problem which got me downloading samsung mobile usb drivers and adb drivers.
But then i couldnt go any further because I dont have cwm recovery (only stock) nor had i created a backup build.prop file.

Can i get cwm onto the phone via usb? Can i get the original build.prop file on there as well some how?

I have also downloaded odin, the custom firmware for my device (orginal unrouted ROM) and android studio.

Also when using the adb in cmd prompt it detects the device when i type 'adb devices' but when typing in 'adb shell' it returns 'error:closed'

I hope the information I've given will be enough to help me out with a method of unbricking this thing, otherwise will factory resting get it back up and running or not?

Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bsxTqg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment