Friday, August 5, 2016

downgrading from CM13 marshmallow 6.0.1 to stock rom - need help

Hi everyone. I need to know if it's possible to downgrade from CM13 to the stock rom/firmware my phone came with which is Jellybean 4.3. I decided to upgrade my OS so I could try out Pokemon Go. Originally I was just going to upgrade to 4.4 which is the minimum version required for the app but I decided I might as well upgrade to the newest one. The newer the better right? And I would also be future proof for any other apps that might require a newer OS. But not only did I not like Pokemon Go, which I ended up uninstalling, (I don't know how such a simple bare bones game like that is so popular) I also don't like marshmallow. Some features are missing that I had in 4.3 like Double Tap to Top where you can double tap the top of the phone to quickly scroll to the top of the screen or the option to hide folders in the gallery which is bare bones and has no options or features. I can't move apps from one screen to the next with my thumb like I used to because I have to push the app as far past the edge of the screen as possible in order for the screen to switch so I have to use my index finger to do it. I'm thinking this is because it was designed for the edge which has the screen going over the side of the phone. I also just don't like the look of Marshmallow compared to Jellybean. And my phone takes forever to boot up now clocking in at about a minute and a half. Instead of gaining access to something better that previously wasn't available to me I feel like I forced something on the phone that doesn't belong and shouldn't be there.

If anyone can help me downgrade I would appreciate that very much. I tried to do it with the same method I used to upgrade by rooting the phone again with odin and then just flashing the stock OS but odin didn't work (I already had CyanogenMod installed from when I upgraded). Odin gave me the confirmation that I successfully rooted my phone but when I checked it with a root verification app it said my phone wasn't properly rooted and SuperSU also says there's no root detected. I'm sure this has something to do with me having marshmallow this time instead of jellybean. I tried using google for help but I couldn't find anything about my situation. Now I don't know what to do which is why I'm here. This was my first time installing a different OS so I'm new at this.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aO2Kg6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment