Saturday, August 27, 2016

[Help needed][Tutorial][WIP] Clearing Android of Google's proprietary blobs

Some Android distributions (e.g. OxygenOS) come with a load of Google proprietary apps, not all of us may want it. I simply don't want Google's hands getting everywhere for my information. While I may accept OnePlus's blobs, I want to clear my device of all Google's proprietary blobs. Or at least the ones that can access the Internet.
One can say: get an alternate ROM, but then the camera quality may suffer.

There's a lot of such apps, so I'd like to build a comprehensive list of the applications and their FOSS counterparts. But it's difficult from the start.

Do you know any decent alternative for the following Google's apps (apart from the ones listed here - in square brackets)
- Phone
- Messenger [QKSMS]
- Contacts

All of them have the unlimited Internet access permission (sic!)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bW6Nqe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment