Saturday, August 27, 2016

I'm trying to de-brick a rockchip device that runs Linux

It's not a phone, it's an e-reader called the Icarus Excel (E1050BK).

It was bricked when someone tried to flash the wrong firmware. Now that the device is charged up, I can power it on by holding the power button. There's a little bootloader animation and a progress bar that goes all the way along. Then nothing happens.

I've got RKBatchTool 1.8 and I've got the right firmware from here: (zip). The zip file contains a password-protected zip file that look like it contains a Linux filesystem. I don't know the password, but maybe the device does.
  • The zip file doesn't seem to be what RKBatchTool is looking for.
  • The device has an SD card slot, so maybe the password-protected file goes on there? I tried this and the device gets to 1/10 of the progress bar when that file is on the SD card.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bWopSL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment