Tuesday, August 2, 2016

International usage issues with original Yu Yureka (CM11 XNPH05Q) phone.

Dear Team,

I am facing a very odd issue with my Yu Yureka. I had got this phone around a year back with CM11 update XNPH52O as the bundled OS. The phone worked absolutely fine without any issues at all. When I did travel to UK the international roaming (TATA Docomo - Mumbai SIM) was seamless & 3G speeds were fantastic with local 3G SIM (Lyca Mobile).

Later when I was back in India I upgraded the OS to CM11 XNPH05Q using the OTA update. When I did travel to UK again nothing worked neither Int.Roaming nor the 3G. I got a local 3G SIM (Lyca Mobile) card and even that didn't work on 3G speeds (just EDGE).

Now I am in USA and here too the Int.Roaming isn't working and also the local 3G SIM (Lyca Mobile) isn't supporting 3G speeds (just EDGE). I need your help in fixing this issue.

I have tried using my INDIA SIM card in another phone and it works just fine. I tried using my US local SIM in another phone and it does utilize the 3G network.


I have two issues here,

1. My Int.Roaming isn't working since my Yureka is unable to latch to AT&T frequencies.
2. My local SIM card 3G doesn't work - again probably the same issue.

I have already tried to reset the phone to factory setting (to CM11 XNPH05Q), upgrading to official CM12 release and it still doesn't work. I have now downgraded again to CM11 XNPH05Q (my preferred OS - I don't wish to downgrade further) and wish to get this fixed on this version.

I have read that Yureka doesn't support a few frequency bands but that's disabled at software level for sure ( I say this because Int. Roaming had worked earlier seamlessly on these very networks) and hence I need you guys to help me get this resolved by changing some setting or applying a patch maybe.

I tried asking Yureka customer support for help at support@yuplaygod.com for 4 times now (over a period of 15 days) but haven't received a single reply.

Please help me fix it, I don't wish to change my beautiful phone for this.


Thanks in advance. :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2afjGxV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment