Thursday, August 25, 2016

is it possible to install GAPPS without a custom recovery?

I have 2 devices (Xiaomi Mi TV 2S 48" and a Xiaomi Mi TV 3 60") and I am having trouble getting GAPPS to install.

I do not have access to a custom recovery and the automated methods I do find fail for me at some stage or other. The odd time I can get it installed, it won't let me access my account.
One time I was able to get it all installed, but then the play store updated and showed a "this version of the Play store is not compatible with your device. Please uninstall updates" (or something similar to that). Uninstalling updates claimed to succeed, but wouldn't actually uninstall.
Factory reset later, I'm stumped. My current plan is:
1 - download PICO GAPPS for the Android version of my device
2 - Extract it to an SD card
3 - install the APK's
4 - move the APK's via terminal emulator to make them system (for the ones that require that permission)
5 - copy the lib files over from the zip
6 - cross fingers and reboot

Now, I am thinking that this should work, but I also don't know much about how the "flash zip" stuff works so I may be opening up a world of pain for myself. Plus side if I kill the android board, I can get a replacement for a lot cheaper than a new TV.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section; I did not see a section for "Xiaomi other" or "Xiaomi TV".

Anybody have any experience installing GAPPS manually from a stock ROM?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bAZA0C
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment