Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Nexus 5 does not charge

Hey,

Last week, my Nexus 5 did not want to respond to the power button. I had the issue before and wanted to send it in to get it fixed. But my warranty was over, and I wasn't planning on spending 80-150 euro's for a phone over 2 years old.

So what I did was open up the N5, removed the motherboard and took a look at the button itself. It looked like there was a bad contact with the motherboard. So I took my soldering iron, touched the contact and I saw the solder paste spread better. I closed up the N5, booted it up and magically, the problem was fixed.

But now for some reason, the phone does not want to charge. It was at 0% and I kept it in the wall socket for a full day, but it did not charge a single percent. So I figured, maybe I broke the battery, so I ordered a new battery (not the biggest cost). Now I just placed the battery in, but it still does not charge.

Then I thought, maybe I could measure the voltage on the old and new battery, and they both give just around 4V, so conclusion, I bought a new battery for nothing.

Now the real question, is there something I can do to fix this not-charging bug without sending it in for repairs or having to buy a new motherboard?

Great thanks!
Erates


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aA0RBw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment