Saturday, August 27, 2016

Not pairing with Polar H7 on Android Nougat

Yesterday I got my brand new Nexus 5x and I was extremely pleased with my new phone. It arrived 6.0.1 so after applying all the security fixes I tested everything on the phone to make sure it's working properly.
After that, I upgraded to N by flashing the factory images and restored my apps and data from my Nexus 4. Everything was working perfectly except for the heart rate monitor, the Polar H7.

The problem is that my 5x sees the sensor, but when I initiate the pairing process nothing happens. It just says Pairing... for a while and then nothing. I tried to tap it a few times and it just didn't want to pair.
What I tried to do:
1) Force stop the Bluetooth Share thingy and remove data/cache.
2) Reboot my phone
3) Try to pair the sensor directly from the fitness apps I use, Polar Beat and Runtastic Pro.
Polar Beat sees the sensor, but when I try to pair it, it either says sensor inactive or doesn't display my heart rate before dropping the connection.
Runtastic Pro can't even find the sensor. It has to be paired in the Bluetooth setting for it to work properly.
4) Factory reset the sensor as I found on the Polar's troubleshooting page.
5) Factory reset my phone and try to pair the sensor before restoring my apps and data.

The sensor works just fine on my Nexus 4. I paired the H7 again with it after the factory reset and it worked just fine. The battery is almost full and I do wear the sensor on the chest strap when I try to pair it with my phone.
I've seen a few threads on Nexus support forums where users mention Bluetooth connectivity issues and even a few mentioned their H7s not working on 5x and 6p after the update.

Anyone here ran into this problem and is there a solution? Other than to pray that Google fixes the issue.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bsjs7f
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment