Sunday, August 28, 2016

Phone functioning badly after failed OTA update to 6.0.1

I have a Note 4 and I was very satisfied with the performance until a few weeks ago, an upgrade to Android 6.0.1 was downloaded and applied.
It seems the update failed and despite I'm now in Android 6.0.1, the phone is working very erratic. Sometimes it freezes for a while (10 seconds, 30, 1 minute, 2 minutes) and then just continues as normal (when it freezes for more than a minute, it goes directly to lock screen ). Sometimes it says some app or system process (touchwiz and the like) has failed and sometimes it simply reboots without any reason. I have restarted it in secure mode but there is no difference.
I have uninstalled all downloaded apps but there is no difference. I have reset it to factory defaults but keeps failing.
I have downloaded latest 6.0.1 Firmware from Sammobile and flashed it with Odin but the fail is still there.
One thing I have noticed is when I start in recovery mode (power+home+vol up), instead of the recovery menu, the android robot appears and the text installing update. It goes for a while, then crashes (robot with red triangle) and then the recovery menu appears. This happens every time I start in recovery mode so it looks like there is some update that was applied (since I have 6.0.1 instead of 5.x) but only partially.

Any help?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bKx6yM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment