Friday, August 5, 2016

[PSA] screen dimming with adaptive brightness off

I noticed this about a week ago. When I unlock my phone, after a second or two the screen dims then brightens back up. Adaptive brightness is off. I'd been messing with screen calibration around the same time, and I was a little afraid it was caused by something I had tweaked.

It followed me across multiple ROMs, very thorough wipes, and even a full fastboot restore. I was beginning to worry it was some kind of hardware problem.

Eventually I figured out the brightness ducking was caused by a new option in the Naptime app. The current version of Naptime has a disable motion detection option that older versions didn't have. When I have that option enabled my screen brightness ducks on every unlock.

I thought I'd post it here in case it affects anyone else. Would have saved me a lot of aggravation and needless messing with my phone.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2anJBDN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment