Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stuck in fastboot - No running ROM, recovery , ADB

Dear Community,

I reached a state with my mobile phone where I really do not know anymore how to proceed to get back to any running ROM on my HTC Mini 2. :angel:

I read the other threads on this topic, but they did not help my situation.

Maybe someone see's what I am missing, or what I can do about it. In the end, I would like to go back to a CM 11 / CM 13 ROM, but as I understood, I should first go back to stock to enable S-off, using a nandroid recovery backup. Then flash a new custom rom. However I am stuck without any recovery running properly. Only the hboot/fastboot menu is working, and the phone will always boot there again.

Some more info:

- ADB does not work currently. I tried Win and OSX , so I believe its the phone rejecting it.

- With stock recovery, reading in the 0P8BIMG.zip RUU file containing a 2.19.401.2 or 2.18.401.3 system fails.

- Flashing recovery TWRP 2.8.5.0 / 2.8.1.0 works, but the phone will not start it.

Code:

C:\Users\USER>fastboot flash recovery "Z:\Installs\HTC Mini 2\recovery-twrp-2.8.5.0.img"
sending 'recovery' (11796 KB)...
OKAY [  1.393s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.394s]
finished. total time: 1.790s

- My bootloader is ***Unlocked*** according to the fastboot screen. However, I cannot lock it :

Code:

C:\Users\USER>fastboot oem lock
...
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg1fs_security
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 536739196 (0x1FFDFD7C)
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
(bootloader) WARM RESET: 8
(bootloader) [INFO] Reset reason in IMEM is 0x77665501
(bootloader) [INFO] Rebooting device
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.056s

- Output of getvar all :
Code:

C:\Users\USER>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.101.1102.19.1017
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.19.401.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ...
(bootloader) imei: ...
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: mem_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8226
(bootloader) modelid: 0P8B20000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__102
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: be7179e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Please let me know if I missed to provide important information.

Is there any way for me to start over on a lower level ? Or is a mobile shop / HTC my only solution left?

Thanks a lot for any feedback! :)

Greetings,
faiv


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aNWTZY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment