Monday, August 29, 2016

Using NetGuard to prevent Amazon OTAs but allow Google services?

Has anyone tried using NetGuard or another firewall to prevent Amazon services from phoning home?

I have 5.3.1.0 on my Fire, so no root. But fortunately NetGuard doesn't need root.

I'm trying to find exactly which packages to block and allow to make sure Amazon can't update my OS, and preferably also block ads, while allowing the Play Store.

The problem I have been running into is that NetGuard lumps some services/apps together, so if I try to enable, for example, Android Contact Storage, it also enabled all of the Amazon contact related options, including all the social media connectors.

I haven't found a combination that allows me to login to Google but prevents system updates.

Has anyone successfully done this? I'd love some tips or maybe even an export of your NetGuard config.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c0G4JW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment