Monday, June 13, 2016

Booting to no touch-sceen response

I've been running CM 12.1 for quite awhile and it's been performing well for me until the last few days. Now when I turn on my NT in the morning it seems to boot OK but the touch screen is unresponsive. Often I can't even get past the swipe/lock screen. If I do manage that then virtually every other touch is either ignored or else lags so far behind that you can't tell whether it's responding or not. Even the "n" button often fails to wake the sleeping tablet to the lock screen display.

If I can get lucky with the power button and reach the power down/reboot option and manage to select reboot with much repeated touching and get the past the "OK" selection, a warm boot brings up everything fine and all is well.

I've been leaving the tablet on since this started, fearing the worst. Tonight I thought I would restore a fairly recent backup (but well before all this trouble started) to see if that would help. It didn't :(

This seems bad. Obviously I can simply not turn the tablet off and just do an occasional warm reboot to defog (technical term!) the memory. That's not ideal but better than the trash heap?

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there something else I should try?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1S3hToY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment