Saturday, June 11, 2016

Epic GPS not working problem, on MT65xx devices after flashing, can it get a fix?

So you already tried everything that's available on the web to fix your Chinese phone GPS after a stock/custom ROM Flashing, and problably your device is a MT6572, MT6577, MT6582, MT6589(T), MT6592, MT6753 or any other media tek.

You already tried:

1 - The classic method, that shouldn't even be mentioned in a case like this, and felt like an idiot:
* DOWNLOAD EPO AND ENABLE AGPS.

2 - The Plan B Method: Used Faster GPS app to create or manually changed your GPS.config file.

3 - The plan C Method: Deleted mtkgps file and restarted.

4 - The plan D Method: Searched for a NVRAM file on the Web and tried to restore it using MTK Tools.

5 - The plan E Method: You downloaded/replaced the file libmnlp_mt6572 in your system/xbin folder.

6 - The plan F Method: You Downloaded/replaced the files mtk_agpsd from bin folder, agps_profiles_conf.xml from etc folder, android.hardware.location.gps.xml from etc/permissions folder, gps.default.so from lib/hw folder and mtk_stp_gps.ko from lib/modules folder.

7 - The plan G Method: Perhaps you tried some African ritual...

8 - You climbed Mount Fuji to get some signal, and had to keep your screen ON in the GPS APP during 2 hours.

9 - You tried some Native Indian ritual...

10 - You hacked you GPS Antenna, building a custom one as it is shown YouTube tutorials, and it works... for the guys who made the videos.
Your GPS was working before flashing, even if weak, so you know your hardware is not broken or something.

11 - You tried to transform into Mumm Ra the ever living!

12 - Like me, it's been over 1 week since you decided to fix this issue, and you're about to pull all your hair. In my case I'm spending hours on this, I'm really trying to get a solution.

AND NOTHING WORKED AFTER DELETING, REPLACING, DOWNLOADING.

You even learnt and tried using EXPELLIARMUS!!!

Still didn't work...

And your GPS still can't get a lock, even with all the network aid, all the tutorials you found in the web. If you religious, you even asked Jesus to help you (At least that was my case). But your phone is still the same.
Now you feel like an idiot that is never, ever again going to buy another Chinese phone anymore in your life, but you don't want to discard your phone, what you're going to do?

Well I -- STILL -- haven't found a solution, but I found a clue that may lead to a solution. Since I'm not a smart ass programmer that knows basically everything about Androids, I humbly come here now to open this discussion and see if we can finally find a solution for this problem that I believe it already annoyed at least 1 hundred people around the globe.


My clue is:

1 - I saw some people saying that when they restored their NVRAM backup after flashing the stock ROM, they got their GPS working again. So it is related to NVRAM, but with what in NVRAM?
2 - Today I was testing some hacks, when I disabled my SIM card, I the GPS TEST app could not find any satellites anymore, and I was using wifi, so it makes no sense at all, I mean, could the GPS be using the 3G/GMS/WCDMA band?

I believe the GPS device is operating in a different frequency, probably the same as the SIM CARD, and that's why people can't get a lock.
That's related to NVRAM. Perhaps with the 900/2100 and 850/2100 operator frequencies.


Let's discuss and see if we can find a definitive solution for this case, please.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UckzFh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment