Wednesday, August 3, 2016

[Digitizer / Touchscreen] First unresponsive areas, now full screen no touch register

Hi all,

I have had a strange problem occur to me since yesterday. At first I could no longer pull down the notification menu. After enabling `show touch` in the developer options I could see that my touch would no longer register on the top ~1cm of the screen.
Then it became worse and now the touch screen does not work around 98% of the time across the entire screen. So doing anything on this phone is either impossible or it takes for ever. I have to press and press and press and sometimes it registers, but mostly it doesn't.

I took it apart and made sure all the contacts were still attached, put it back together again and for a few minutes the touch worked perfectly again, apart from the top 1cm. But now it has gone back to being nearly completely unresponsive.

I also tried a factory reset, going back a few nightly builds of CM13 and so forth ... nothing has helped.

Is there a fix for this, or is my digitizer broken, meaning I'll have to either replace the entire screen, the digitizer if possible or just get a new phone and bin this G3?

It hasn't had any tumbles or falls, nor any water contact.

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2avDPye
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment