Thursday, August 25, 2016

G2 D800 Unresponsive (Bricked?) With No Access to Recovery and No Ability to Use ADB

Hello,

I hate that my first post to this forum is to seek expert answers to a self-created emergency rather than to provide help to others in need, but I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's what I'm facing: I had my rooted LG G2 D800 running a custom KitKat ROM (Liquidsmooth, I think). Having recently gotten a new phone, I planned to re-flash my Liquidsmooth ROM on this G2, wiping all my files and setting the phone up fresh for someone else to use. Unfortunately, after wiping everything but internal storage in TWRP custom recovery and re-flashing, I found that I was neither able to download anything at all on my phone from the browser nor was I able to transfer files from my computer (the device showed up and I could see that it's storage was partially occupied, but clicking on it yielded a message telling me it was empty). After trying various fixes (including factory resetting the phone and reflashing the ROM), I decided to just see if there were any newer ROMs to be had. That's when I discovered that CM13 was now available for the G2. Since I couldn't download the necessary zips from my browser or transfer them through the file explorer on my computer, I used adb to push the appropriate files to my phone. They appeared in TWRP's "Install" file browser like I had hoped, so I was able to again wipe everything except internal storage and flash the CM13 zip and Gapps for Android 6.0. This is where things went south.

The thing that I didn't flash (despite my better judgement) was something called a "Bootstack" for LG G2. The guide I was following said to flash it, but when I tried to download it from the provided link, all I found was some kind of spam site. So, since I found another guide that didn't seem to mention anything about a bootstack (and since I had no idea what a bootstack really did), I rebooted my newly-flashed phone without flashing a bootstack. Doing so basically bricked the device—pressing the power button would sometimes cause the LG logo to flash for a second, but nothing I could do would boot the device into recovery. When I plug the phone into my computer, many Explorer screens pop up, each telling me something about how the device must be formatted before I can use it. Unfortunately, once all these drives stop mounting and I can open command line in the adb folder, typing the command "adb devices" yields no connected devices. Presumably, adb can't see my phone. My phone's problem seems similar to problems described elsewhere (like here: http://ift.tt/1voO5xi), but all the solutions seem to require some access to custom recovery or adb which I don't have. Is there anything at all I can try?

Thanks again,

Michael


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bs8A6u
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment