Thursday, August 25, 2016

Original Shield Tablet Freezes When Connected to WiFi

Hi there!

I've contacted nvidia regarding this issue (reps seems oblivious) and posted it on their official forums to no avail, so I'll try and give it a shot here.

Basically whenever my tablet connects to WiFi after being disconnected for some time (a few hours to a few days), the tablet freezes when it downloads notifications. The freezes can be minimal (like a 5 second freeze) or be quiet substantial (it can lock up for as long as 10 mins). Once all notifications are downloaded and displayed, the tablet then performs like a charm. I even got my tablet replaced from nvidia and it has the same problem as the one I sent in. Uninstalling Facebook and Facebook Messenger improves performance drastically, but when my tablet checks for notifications it freezes still freezes for a few seconds (with Facebook installed, it could lock up for 10 mins and crash the launcher multiple times). Running on max performance did nothing. I'm really curious if this is a hardware or software issue since some people doesn't seem to have this problem.

I'm running on nvidia's stock firmware (4.2) unrooted.

So here is my question. Have any of you guys experienced this problem? Were you able to solve it? How did you solve it (did a custom rom solve this)?

The main reason why I haven't installed a custom rom yet is because I use the stylus frequently and I use the touch-block feature in nvidia's stock roms and couldn't find ports of it.

Here is a video of the issue. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJrUPV7mY6s) Now there are a lot of widgets on the video, but I assure you removing all of them does nothing. I tried.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bjxOlX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment