Thursday, August 25, 2016

[Q] Location always running

Hi fellows,
Whenever I look into AppOps, Location is ALWAYS running for Android System and Google Play Services.
It doesn't matter if GPS is on or off, neither running in Safe Mode helps - always running. If I force-kill Google Play Services then it stops running Location, but starts again as soon as any app triggers it (Maps or anything else). I'm using Location in 'device only' mode. To be honest for some reason I cannot select any other option.
I'm running my Z3c on Stock MM .575, rooted, manually debloated (maybe too hard?), with some Xposed modules. (Just to make it clear, I turned off every possible syncing, scanning, location reporting, location history, google now, what have you)

Is there a way to see what process/app triggers Location constantly? I know that probably factory reset is a good thing to try, but I'd rather like to avoid that ;) I'm attaching some screens with battery stats and wakelocks. They were taken after a night, unplugged and idle. The battery drain is not a problem, GSam is also not reporting GPS usage. However it shows that the phone is 'active' quite often, two times even woke up from Doze. I don't know how that corresponds to the data from Wakelock Detector (attached as well).
Any ideas?
http://ift.tt/2bjxvrg (I think I cannot properly attach images... hope this works)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bjKTRV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment