Friday, August 26, 2016

Piss poor performance only on Verizon model?!

Just curious what other Verizon owners are experiencing. I love this phone and am keeping it, warts and all. But from other forums I'm getting the feeling that the Verizon model has a lot more issues than other models. My main gripe is I'm getting a total freeze of my phone, nothing happens on screen and button taps do nothing at all, this lasts for about a minute then the phone comes back, but everything runs very very slowly, then eventually it will run normally again. I'm also seeing a ton of lag, specifically something will run or animate very slowly and stutters, like for example if I close an app the animation of it shrinking can sometimes be fast and smooth, other times it's slow and stutters to the point where you can almost count the frames. My wife has a Note 7 as well and she had one episode where she was using WhatsApp, her phone completely froze on her and then after a minute or so just rebooted.

I've also had issues with wifi calling dropping calls left and right. I've had issues with the phone not wanting to switch from a weak crappy wifi signal to cellular. GPS was dropping a lot initially, but I haven't seen that issue lately. Battery life overall hasn't been stellar, but I hope that just means it is still breaking in.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bmvn1J
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment