Sunday, August 28, 2016

Stuck in bootloop, unable to get to recovery or get computer to recognize....

Hi all,

My m8 is rooted, with CWM. I was having issues with it, so I decided to wipe it and flash the marshmallow GPE update to see if that would help (since my OTA alert was there). However, it's now stuck in a bootloop, and I can't get into recovery, or get a computer to recognize it.

If I hold the power and volume buttons down, it will restart, I can get the white screen with HTC logo and red writing stating the build is for development purposes only, but after that it goes right to the loading screen again, instead of going into recovery like it normally would (and like it's done a thousand times for me in the past). I'm not the techiest person, but I thought I'd done enough research on this to do it properly.. apparently not :( I've tried everything I (and google) can think of, but everything seems to rely on getting to recovery to flash a new rom/wipe the cache/etc or hooking it up to a computer, neither of which I can do. Do I have any other options? This is a "new" phone (bought it refurbished from tmobile to replace my old m8 which I also had issues with... obviously a bad choice), and the thought of buying a new phone again just really kills me. Any help would be SO greatly appreciated. Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bsGYPJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment