Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Bootloop (Stuck at "Preparing Apps x of xxx")

Hello,
I have an issue with my phone and any help or insight is appreciated!

I have a Oneplus One. Rooted with TWRP and MultiROM installed. I have two CyanogenMod ROMs installed. One is my primary one where I have all my apps, and another one that is almost empty (has few apps).

Few days ago, my battery drained and I charged it. Then when I turned it on, the phone started booting, passed through the MultiROM window (where you choose the booting ROM), then passed through the Boot animation, and then a screen appears where it says "Preparing Apps x of xxx". After the phone goes through all of my apps (optimizing/preparing them), it shuts down and starts all over again.

This was random. I didn't install a new update or anything. Note, that this only happens with my primary ROM. When I boot to my secondary ROM everything works fine. I had a backup of all my app data (~ 6GB) using Titanium Backup. However, I was running out of space and I deleted the backup from Google Drive few days earlier. I am very unlucky.

I tired the following to fix this issue and nothing helped:
1. Cleared chase and Dalvik chase.
2. Installed a CyanohenMod update. Apparently, my phone wasn't up to date.
3. Drained the battery completely and charged the phone.
4. Booted the phone while charing and while not charging.

I just want to get my apps data back. So is there anyway to fix this issue so that I can boot to my primary ROM?
If not, is there a way to fully backup my apps data in the primary ROM (the one that is not booting) and transfer this backup (install these apps with their data) to another ROM?

I can't back up my apps data using TWRP and save the backup in Internal Storage, because I don't have enough space. Maybe I can back app my apps data to my laptop somehow? Also, if I do a backup through TWRP, will the issue still persist when I do a restore (I am backing up a broken ROM)? I am afraid to do this step because in order to restore through TWRP (after backing up the ROM), I have to delete this broken Primary ROM first due to insufficient amount of space. If it ends up not working I will lose all my data!

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Thank you in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dBwTCo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment