Thursday, September 1, 2016

Arc S stuck on Legacy Xperia boot logo

Hey guys, so my Xperia Z's screen broke and the touch is unresponsive, so I took out my old Arc S out of the box and decided to boot it up, apparently I had gotten a new phone because this one had a booting problem.
Things I know:
It's been rooted, bootloader is unlocked, current ROM is Legacy Xperia, can't go into CWM recovery, connecting phone to PC and trying to flash new kernel won't work because flashtool doesn't recognize the device.
In device manager the phone comes up as an unknown device, downloaded the drivers from Sony's site, no luck, get error message saying "this file is not compatible with your version of Windows" or something.
I'm on W10 64bit.
So basically I'm kinda stuck, tried Google and other forums and nothing, I can't seem to get anywhere.
Could you guys help me out?

EDIT: Tried installing Android Studio, launching cmd from /appdata/roaming/android/sdk/platform-tools but when I enter the command line it says "waiting for device".
So I'm thinking this has to do with my PC not detecting my phone in fastboot mode or anyother mode.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bUlVDs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment