Sunday, September 4, 2016

Casting Netflix without using hotspot data

I seem to be at an impasse. I currently use a cellphone from metropcs as my home internet connection. It has unlimited data usage on the phone and 8gb of hot spot data a month. In order to utilize the unlimited data on the phone I watch things like netflix and hbogo on the phone so I would love to be able to mirror my phone to my tv. I was able to set up a chrome cast to connect to the phone directly by connecting the it to the phones hot spot. The only problem is that the chrome cast uses hot spot data instead of the mobile data when I launch netflix on my phone and cast it to the chromcast. It's as if when I cast netflix, instead of the phone running it and mirroring it on the chromecast, the phone hands it off to the chromecast completely and it runs everything there. Is this the case? Is there anyway I can mirror netflix from my phone to my tv while using mobile data?

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cl5T6n
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment