Friday, September 2, 2016

First impressions

I got mine from Amazon yesterday, I already bricked it a few hours ago by messing with the recovery. It should be an easy fix once I get hold of the stock firmware. I got another one coming tomorrow, so I'll focus on just extracting the rom from that one :)

Bricking aside, I got 20/10mbs down/up on speedtest using my T-mobile US SIM, and the signal indicator showed LTE. Forcing it off LTE I got 10/5mbs down/up.

Battery life is awesome, I used it constantly for 8hrs and only got down to 50%, my note4 would have been dead after that much use with the screen on. The overall feel of Android 6.0 was smooth, no stuttering. There is no bloatware, just a few utilities for fancy wallpapers.

The phone charges faster than any other phone I have. The included TPE case doesnt increase the thickness of the phone too much and I like that It keeps the camera lens off the desk when I set the phone down.

Dual SIM functionality works nice. It was one of the main features I was looking for, though I will miss T-Mobile wifi calling.

Some notes:

I used adb & fastboot in my attempts to root. After running

Code:

fastboot oem unlock
fastboot reboot

the display now showed
Code:

Orange state

Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will reboot in 5 seconds

So it appears that it is best to oem relock it when you're done updating, as the message goes away if you relock.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bLjjdu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment