Thursday, September 1, 2016

[Q] Oddities with Android Device Manager & N Beta Sign-Up

When the first N preview was released I signed up for the beta. Then decided it wasn't for me and went back to playing with other ROMs.

Fast forward about a month. I noticed my device is no longer appearing in Android Device Manager (where you can find lost phones), nor is it appearing as an available device on the N Beta Sign-up page. It has always showed up in the Google Play Store though.

I've seen others have this issue and the solution has been to add another Google Account. Which I did and then the device appears in Android Device Manager & N Beta Sign-up on that account, but not my primary.

This hasn't been a huge issue until recently when I decided to go back to the stock August security release. Now my phone has a constant System Update Available icon, notifying me of the Beta Program availability.

The problem is my device does not show up on the Beta Program listing anymore, so I am unable to un-enroll. When I run 3rd party stock ROMs that have the System Update removed, the device stays awake 100% of the time, trying to look for System Updates.

Anybody else have this issue or have tips for a possible solution?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bNMfk1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment