Thursday, September 22, 2016

T-Mobile BYOD simultaneous Voice and Data???

I've near given up on my Verizon GS5 having VoLTE on T-Mobile or even Voice and Data Simultaneously, but then today, I decided to be risky, I flashed a T-Mobile ROM to my Verizon S5. It won't work they said, it'll brick they said. I was greeted with the T-Mobile boot screen and not only that, it calls, and has data. Everything works, but even more interesting, I now have Data and Voice at the same time... I'm so confused, so VoLTE isn't working because when a call starts the LTE band drops and it reverts to HSPA+(by labeling it as 4G, not 4G LTE).

I could care less about the VoLTE, why did simply changing the ROM cause the Data to stay up in a voice call. My Verizon ROM worked on the LTE band, there is no change to my radio, baseband, or anything else, I simply flashed /system.

Can anyone explain what I'm witnessing? Its clearly phone side and not carrier. Would I be better keeping the TMO ROM over my Verizon ROM anyways? Thoughts, help, comments.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cpJjZ1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment