Sunday, September 4, 2016

Unable to manually install nexus 7 (2012) wifi ADB driver

Hi All,

I did a bit of searching and I haven't come across anyone in my situation, but I'm sure it's happened before. I dusted my nexus 7 (2012) wifi model off that I haven't used in a couple years and I was reading up on re-flashing stock and un-rooting. I'd used the NRT previously so I went back to that. I plugged the tablet into one of my USB3 slots and ran through the manual driver installation. Tested ADB and Fastboot and they both functioned.

I didn't care for retaining any data, I just wanted to upgrade to the newest from 4.2.1 which the tablet was running. When running the 'flash stock + unroot' to version 5.1.1 through the NRT, it ran into an error after wiping the partitions whereas it seemed to be an issue with USB3. The specific error:

"data transfer failure (too many open files in system)"

At this point it had wiped the device, but was unable to load anything back on. After looking into the issue, it appears that it was a result of having the device plugged into USB3... I've since plugged the device into USB2, however, I'm unable to get the drivers to recognize in Windows 8.1... I uninstalled the unrecognized device drivers for the USB2 device, rebooted, and attempted a clean install of both the default Google and Universal drivers (in separate install attempts). Neither of which appear to allow NRT to provide ADB access. The manual installation method was what I used for the USB3 ports, but AFAIK the ADB portion requires you to plug the device in with USB debugging enabled and install the drivers on that device. Since I can't load into anything other than the bootloader, I don't believe I can perform this step.

Am I SOL or is there potentially something I can do to breathe life back into this device? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nate


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cfVeer
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment