Friday, September 2, 2016

Weirdness, a (claimed) Verizon branded XT1540

I was looking at a local ad (listed only as a verizon motorolla phone) and asked the owner for some of entries in the "about phone". This is what I got;
"Model number moto g ( 3rd generation ) android 6.0"
"Build number mpi24.65-25.1"
"Sku xt1540"
"Version p2b"
"Ram size 2.00 gb"
"Serial number zy2237n329"
The pic shows verizon service (LTE) and it has a top speaker that could be 3rd gen, or it might be 2nd gen since I can't compare it to the bottom speaker (pic's bottom is cut off).

I'v emailed about the imei and maybe a swappa check can give me some additional info on the model number. Willmyphonework doesn't have any verizon compatible model listed and they seem pretty up to date to me.

The seller doesn't seem tech savvy at all, and does seem legit/trustworthy. Buuuuuuut, everything I'v seen contradicts the existence of a verizon version. Straight up scam? Did a few 3rd gens squeak out of verizon before just before the 4th gen release? Or ??

Any insight would be appreciated, as a trip to check it out is over a mountain range, and I'd rather not waste the time if it's an impossibility.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cbxRCN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment