Friday, September 2, 2016

Why won't Mobile Odin flash Android 5.0.1 on my S4 GT-I9505?

I have a Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 that I purchased online. It turns out that the Android firmware (4.4.2) does not match the phone's CSC code. I have been trying to flash a stock ROM for Android 5.0.1 that *does* match the phone's CSC code, but Mobile Odin won't proceed. My phone is properly rooted, and Mobile Odin starts correctly, but when I try to open the tar.MD5 file, it says "Partition could not be found in file." It did let me wipe the phone, and the phone properly booted up again in 4.4.2. What can I do to make this work?

Would it help to flash an Android 4.4.2 that matches the phone's CSC? Is there something else I can try? I'm fairly new at this kind of hacking, but I'm learning quickly! Here are my phone's details:
Android version: 4.4.2
Product Code: GT-I9505ZKAXSG
Original CSC Code: XSG
Firmware CSC: XSG
PDA Version: I9505XXUGNG2
Bootloader Version: I9505XXUGNG2
Baseband: I9505XXUGNG2
CSC Version: I9505OJVFNF1
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2091210 dpi@SWDD5702 #1 32-bit

Thanks for any help you can offer. Oh, also, just to make clear, I cannot connect this phone to a desktop with a USB cord -- I have tried every possible variety of driver install, and #$%&* Windows will not recognize the phone.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bLjghH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment