Thursday, September 1, 2016

How to root my SM-A500M Android 6.0.1?

Hi!

I've just updated my android from 5.0.2 to 6.0.1 using a firmware from sammobile and lost the root I had previously (super user).
I tried installing from cf-root using the version they already have for 5.0.2 and at first it seemed to have worked, since it started to show my phone device's status as custom, and also to show kernel's status at the black start screen with the logo samsung.

Then, I tried changing an app into a system file using Link2SD and the app vanished instead of working again. When I get to install the .apk again, it shows as an update (of something that is not running anywhere) and don't ask any new permission.
I guess the problem is because of the root I used, but I'm not sure. My mobile is dual sim (brazil's trend...) and the app I'm trying to hide is Cerberus (I have the pro version, disguised, but want to make it "blended" as it was before the Android update).
I did the unroot with the SU app, but my device is still showing as a "custom" one at the system's about (the kernel's status is not appearing at initialization tho).

I want to know what to do to fix that and how to properly root the new android marshmallow. If not possible, I even consider downgrading my phone to the previous android until the root is available (security from thieves first, unfortunately!).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cdfxrs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment