Thursday, September 1, 2016

Camera2 support

Hi,

I'm the developer of Open Camera, and looking at the OnePlus 3 as a potential new phone and test device, but I'm curious as to its support for Camera 2 API. I was wondering if people could share their experiences of using third party camera apps with Camera2 API enabled - either in Open Camera, or others like Snap Camera and A Better Camera (all these have options to enable Camera2 API)? In particular:

* It seems a lot of devices have problems with flash and Camera2 (either flash doesn't fire, or misfires so pictures come out under or overexposed). I finally managed to get Open Camera flash working on my Nexus 6, but no luck on a Samsung S7 (precapture doesn't seem to trigger). How does the OnePlus Three do with Camera2 and third party apps?

* I see some reports that manual exposure times don't work (e.g., http://ift.tt/2cdg9gI ), though they mostly refer to the "more than one second" times (which most Android devices don't even offer). I'm less bothered about that, but does manual exposure time (and ISO) work at all (even for less than one second) in Camera2 API on the OnePlus Three?

* Around a year ago I see lots of reports that RAW didn't work on the One Plus devices (either not at all, or pictures were wrong). Supposedly this was fixed, but can anyone confirm that this is working properly on the OnePlus Three?

Thanks in advance!
mark


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c56lbA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment