Sunday, September 4, 2016

S6 won't check for updates

Ever since receiving initial marshmallow update someday in April, my phone refuses to update itself. 1) it will not check for updates no matter what I try. Pressing the "search for updates" button in the settings does absolutely nothing. It still shows last checked in april. 2) Smart Switch recognizes an update starts preparing it and when it gets the preparing to 100% it'll just disappear and show the main screen, but it wont take any user input anymore. left it like that for 4 hours, nothing happened. I closed and reopened Smart Switch, exactly the same result. Reinstalled Smart Switch, still no results. Can someone help me? I do not have the time to do a factory reset and set up everything again. Phone is not rooted or modified in any way, and never was. Is it possible to update it with odin without a full wipe? If so, can someone point me at some kind of instructions? Never had a Samsung before. Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bWgftP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment