Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fingerprint sensor stops working randomly

So this just started happening very recently. It won't recognize that I'm touching the fingerprint scanner if my phone's screen has been off for X amount of time. No vibration, nothing to indicate that it realizes I'm touching it. Even when I turn on the screen to look at the lockscreen, it still won't detect my finger. After I unlock using my pattern, then lock again, it'll detect my finger when trying to unlock again. But if I let it sit for a bit with the screen off, it'll stop working again - almost as if it forgets to keep the fingerprint sensor on when it enters doze mode.

I thought it might be an issue with MHC19I, but I've had that update for almost a week now, and I hadn't seen this issue happen until today. And I don't see anyone else complaining about it recently.

It could also be due to a recent app upgrade, maybe? The list of apps that upgraded before I first noticed this issue are:
Chrome Beta, letgo, Robinhood (uses fingerprint sensor), TurboTax

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea on how to troubleshoot this? The Google rep wanted me to boot into safe mode, but I'm hesitant to do that due to this bug - it's happened to me before on this phone - or to do a factory reset, which is ridiculous.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1nQcidP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment