Wednesday, March 23, 2016

unable to flash recovery on CRR-UL00

Hi all - I'm not entirely stupid, but I'm probably doing something basically wrong here. :)

I'm trying to convert my Chinese CRR-UL00 to something a bit more western, but still with dual SIMs, so converting it to Middle East/Africa model seems like a good idea. I'm not interested in root or even a custom recovery in the long term. I just want to change regions.

I have been trying to follow the instructions both here and elsewhere but am getting stuck early in the process. I've tried a bunch of different things so my phone may be in an odd state.

I have, I believe, unlocked the bootloader via DC-Unlocker. When I reboot into the bootloader (using adb reboot bootloader) I get a white screen with a header that says "Fastboot&Rescue mode", an Android icon, and "Phone Unlocked" in red underneath.

Attempting to flash a TWRP recovery.img using fastboot doesn't seem to have any effect, even though fastboot reports it has successfully transferred the image. Trying to boot into recovery - either using adb/fastboot or vol+/power keys results in the phone hanging at the Huawei logo at bootup. I've also tried to flash back a "stock" recovery.img. At no time have I been able to get the fastboot menu on the phone - it's either the white screen with no options, or the phone hanging at the Huawei logo.

Despite all this the phone will still operate normally! When operating normally the phone now reports its running CRR-UL00C00B172.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What recovery.img should I use?

Thanks for any help!

WD


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Uk4cZF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment