Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Replaced screen and touch buttons do not work on newest rom

I have replaced my screen and on latest stock rom the back and menu buttons do not work. If I dial *#2663# I see this:

Phone's Touch Key FW version: 0x12
Part's Touch Key FW version: 0x1a

If I press Touch Key update, I get a messages saying: "IC's F/W is higher than Bin's F/W.

If I flash this rom I9506XXUDOF2_I9506NEEDOG1_I9506XXUDOF2_HOME, the buttons work!

But now Phone's Touch Key FW version shows 0x10. The Part's firmware stays at 0x1a. If I update it to 12, it fails again. So it seems that the newest firmware includes something that disables the buttons, and it doesn't change the buttons firmware.

I have seen this before on a S4 9505. There I found this excellent fix in this thread: http://ift.tt/1XM9NWn

Flashing the Albe95_S6_Full_PORT_4-7b rom changes the firmware on Part's Touch Key FW version to 0x1c!

If I flash a new rom now, they both get changed to 0x12.

But how can I change Part's Touch Key FW version to 0x1c on a 9506? The rom I used for 9505 cannot be used on this phone!?!

Can anyone think of something I can try? Is there a rom for 9506 that does the same as Albe95 rom?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1U7Vj52
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment