Monday, March 21, 2016

compiling kernel for N920C. boot.img won't work

Hey guys,

I have been trying to compile the N920C 6.0.1 from the source. Just one time the kernel worked but only when I didn't change anything in menuconfig. If I change even a word in kernel it wont boot up. What am I doing wrong?

My source file : SM-N920C_SEA_MM_Opensource.zip
My firmware file : SM-N920C_N920CXXU2BPB6_CAM_HiepGia_Samsungviet.zip

I was using NDK for toolchain and Linaro. May there be something missing like a tool or may the toolchain be wrong??
"gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.02-3-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz" && "gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.02-3-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz"

My Makefile setting was like:
Code:

ARCH                ?= arm64
CROSS_COMPILE        ?= /root/Desktop/ndk/toolchains/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-

After make cmd the output file comes non-compressed called "Image" which is in "arch/arm64/boot/" . Does it make any difference since its not compressed like zImages ?

What is the correct process for converting Image file to boot.img. I have tried both "mkbootimage" and "abootimage" any other way to make boot.img ? Which one is more suitable for my situation?

The process I'm doing is:

Code:

1-)Copy toolchain and source to Kali
2-)Extract kernel source and edit Makefile(for cross_compile)
3-)make ARCH=arm64 ******.defconfig
4-)make menuconfig && save && exit
5-)make ARCH=arm64
6-)Copy "arch/arm64/boot/Image" to another directory
7-)Extract original boot.img from firmware file and then "./split_boot boot.img" with mkbootimg tool
8-)Replace the old kernel file from the boot.img with the new one
9-)Edit /ramdisk/default.prop ====> ro.secure=0 and save
10-)compress ramdisk to gzip
11-) ./mkbootimg --kernel /boot.img-kernel --ramdisk /boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz --board SYSMAGIC000KU --base 0x10000000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdiskaddr 0x11000000 -o newboot.img
12-)Tar the newbootimg to flashable zip
13-)Flash it with odin.... Voilaaaa phone won't boot up. Stuck at Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen:)

What is wrong here?

Please don't tell me to search in forum I have read all of the threads about building kernel. Each one is different from the other so I wanna know what is more suitable in my situation :)

I know I have asked to many questions but I would appreciate if someone could help me through IRC or some instant messaging service :)




from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1MwF3Tv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment