Saturday, March 19, 2016

What is exactly different from my V10, a RS987, and a Verizon one?

Hey guys!

I just saw that a root for the Verizon LG V10 has been released and that's super exciting news, but I want to know if the same root is possible with my device, what is the difference, and what is the same. I use a local carrier that only covers about 1/4th my state and I'm always getting weird versions of phones, mainly rebranded Verizon exclusives. Examples are instead of the Droid Turbo we had the Motorola MAXX, and back in the day we had the Milestone X rather than the Droid X. Same phone, different branding. My carrier is a CDMA carrier just like Verizon, and I believe we even use Verizon's LTE. The past few phones I've had the APN settings always had VZWINTERNET as the APN.

In the past I've rarely found information about my devices, especially rooting. With my Milestone I had to follow Droid X tutorials, for my Motorola MAXX XT1250 I had to follow a XT1225 tutorial, and I'm in the same boat now. I can barely find any posts at all related to the LG V10 RS987.

So my question is, will I be able to follow the Verizon method of rooting like I've done in the past? Or will there need to be a root specific to my device? Thanks in advance guys.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UbJHhI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment