Thursday, April 21, 2016

CF.lumen version for Android 4.1.2?

I have an old Samsung Nexus S (model GT-I9020A) on Android 4.1.2 which I would like to resume using. I've rooted it (from a Ubuntu box) with android-tools-fastboot and -adb, using ClockworkMod's recovery and ClockworkMod's superuser.zip.

Is it possible to get CF.lumen working on this device? I notice the main links say it needs Android 5.0+. But I also tried direct .apk downloads for CF.lumen 3.16 and 3.00 as shown here http://ift.tt/Y0kBaZ

However if I try those .apk from the phone itself (downloads section), it gives an error pop-up that says "Parse error - There was a problem while parsing the package - OK". If I try them over the USB cable from my (Ubuntu) computer, it fails with "INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK":

Code:

$ adb install CF.lumen-v3.16.apk
2008 KB/s (712979 bytes in 0.346s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/CF.lumen-v3.16.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

Is there a version of CF.lumen that could or should work on this phone? or am I doing something wrong? Or is this Android version (4.1.2) from the era (that I've seen described in some of Chainfire's posts) where it was described as not able to work with the OS?

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SUAVP8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment