Thursday, April 14, 2016

Project FI and no simultaneous voice/data regardless of tower

The title says most of it anyway. I've got Project Fi and a Nexus 6p and no matter whether I'm on the T-Mobile tower or Sprint, my data drops completely when I'm on a call. I've got Signal Spy Pro and have tested it multiple times in multiple locations while connected to a T-Mobile tower and the data indicator drops off completely as soon as I make a call. I have called Project Fi and have tried activating a new sim card, forcing to the T-Mobile tower using the dialer code, rebooting the phone, as well as removing and putting the sim back before powering the phone back on. I know that voice and data works simultaneously on T-Mobile in my area because I switched to FI from T-Mobile. Signal Spy details show me that I am connected to band 4 on T-Mobile towers. I realize that simultaneous voice and data does not work on Sprint but that it does on T-Mobile. I have tested on my wife's Nexus 5x also on FI and hers does not work either. FI support has not been able to give me an answer to this so I am reaching out to the XDA community. Any ideas as to why simultaneous voice and data is not working using FI and on a T-Mobile tower?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1YvvcDK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment