Friday, April 15, 2016

[Q] Missing recovery on ZTE V5S/V5 Lux/N918ST

DISCLAIMER: Computer idiot. Forgive my stupidity.

Rooted my ZTE V5S using Kingoroot. Played about with apps on google store attempting to install custom recovery. Somehow, in the process, I seem to have lost even my stock recovery? When attempting to enter recovery, I now get this message:

No kernel (boot partition is bad). But it thankfully still boots the stock ROM. I have, however, lost the ability to do factory resets?

Question: is there any way that I can get the stock recovery back? Being able to install a custom recovery would be great, but I'll deal with some recovery...

PS. Any other reading materials to recommend besides http://ift.tt/1SjRHNl? I guess I'm plain stupid since I don't seem to understand it too well. I'm hoping reading it bit by bit will eventually allow something to diffuse in, but alternative reading material is welcome (and yeah, I've searched google; I just can't tell which is fact and which is fiction).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QchGib
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment