Friday, April 15, 2016

Strange and significant reset and camera problems after latest update

I've got some very strange issues happening since the latest T-Mobile update to baseband G930TUVU2APC8.

The phone is a T-Mobile Galaxy S7 with a Sandisk 200GB micro SD card installed

Whenever I'm on a phone call through a my Jawbone Era (and charging; I haven't tried it unplugged) the phone will behave as if it did a reboot, without actually rebooting, every few minutes. The phone will stop responding for about 20 seconds, then show just the wallpaper for about 5 seconds, then go back to the lock screen. At this lock screen it requires me to enter my password instead of using fingerprint as if it had just powered up. The phone call does not drop through all of this.

The next issue is that some pictures taken from the quick launch are sometimes not saved. I'm not 100% sure that this only happens after the reboot issue above, but I think it does. I have secure startup disabled .

I tried a factory reset which did not fix the issue, contacted t-mobile and was sent a replacement device that still has the problem. None of this was happening prior to the latest update.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Also, is it possible to downgrade the firmware version?

Thank you,
Matthew


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1p4A3zr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment