Thursday, April 14, 2016

App activity aggregated under 'Android System'?

I'm not a dev so please forgive me I'm using the wrong terminology. I'm assuming this is still accurate but I've read that some apps will often run activity under "Android System" or even "Google Play Services" depending on what APIs they're using. This activity is aggregated under "Android System" and "GPS" instead of the app itself when you look under battery stats and what's been consuming battery.

Is there currently any way to distinguish which apps are being aggregated under "Android System"? In GSAM and in the native battery display in settings, "Android System" and/or "Kernel" are always on top and I haven't really been able to figure out how to reduce it. There are a lot of OPO users who are getting 5-8 hours of SOT and I'm lucky if I can get 3 hours. The aggravating thing is that no app is ever clearly causing the drain...it's always Android System and Kernel.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1WtYioh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment