Sunday, April 17, 2016

SDcard storage mystery

I have been busy trying to clean up my One M7 and making a nandroid back up in preparation to try to go back to stock (with S-on..). That in itself took a lot of trial and error but I managed. I think the problem was simply missing storage space. So I deleted all my music (11.5 Gb) and a few files more. Finally I had a full 6 Gb backup which I transfered to my PC to save space on the internal storage. Initially TWRP did showd two backups but I think they were incomplete because I wasn't able to locate the files.

Now, If I connect to my Windows 10 PC, storage shows a normal 25.4 Gb total but it also shows 10.16 used.
But when I open the storage folder on my PC and select its entire content it only adds up to 1.99 GB. I ticked the box "show items" in Windows 10.

My question is: how can I make this mysterious 8 Gb visible? Am I missing an important thing?

I have Rootexplorer and ESexplorer installed and have used them to investigate. I checked the "show hidden folders" button. I also did a search in the "general" forum and read most of the relevant posts, I'm aware that the OS takes up a lot of space and I'm aware marketing bull**** about GBs.
Please bear in mind that I am an interested NOOB so I need to have it spelled out......

Any help is highly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/20NJzoG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment