Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Xperia Z5 and about 20 seconds of tap water wash = dead power button

It was my second time I have quickly washed my phone under tap water. When it gets wet the Smart Connect app that I use (When plugging in headset, it starts playing music and gives vibrating notification) starts glitching, no wonder, the phone because of water thinks it has headset plugged in and then it goes on-off until I blow in the hole to get the water out. Today I gave it a quick wash and all seemed fine. Then after some time the screen started flickering. Like you press the power button very fast and turns screen on and off. Okay.. weird, never done that. Then the button stops working altogether. Fingerprint reader works, absolutely everything else as well, did the *#service#* and the one from setting > support > diagnostics. And everything works, calls and everything. But the power button does not. What it does is when I press vol. up then the vol goes up and power menu comes up that you get from holding down the power button and screen goes off and on. It doesn't work like regular power button press but it quickly turns off and on again.
What I did now is I set hairdryer next to it without heat on lowest speed to blow on the volume and power buttons. Hopefully it goes normal but if it doesn't...

Do I have any luck going back to the store for warranty? I mean it's supposed to be water resistant. I didn't submerge it, just running water from tap for about 20 or so seconds maybe even less.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1WFHmLV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment