Monday, April 18, 2016

Why the lag N910T?

I recently hard bricked my LG G4 and I was given this phone by someone I know. The phone had a cracked lcd which has since been fixed.
I reformatted to phone back to stock firmware, DOK2. And. I followed the instructions in how to root and install twrp to then ultimately install a custom ROM. Got all that and I have a custom ROM and I am rooted. But the phone lags like crazy. I am trying to type now and I am tapping faster than the keyboard actually acknowledges. Also, if I try to watch Netflix or even an embedded video from the browser, the video "hiccups" every 8 seconds or so.

What I have done.
I wiped the entire phone, including internal SD and external. I did this twice and I Odin stock twice. After I tried the custom rom and experienced the lag. I started from square one again. BTW, the lag happens on stock ROM, too. I have tried Ovrdrv and tek hybrid on both I have SU 2.52 installed and I tried beast and emotion kernels. The lag is real. Maybe this phone is designed to work in this manner when compared to my G4,rip.
On a side note, this phone was given to me in not the best shape. I mentioned I changed the LCD, but the phone's back button and fingerprint scanner don't work. It is also missing the stylus, but that's not a big deal for me. The charging port works fine and so does the recent button and both the back and recent light up. At this point I am thinking it's a hardware issue and it's conflicting with the software somehow. I downloaded different keyboards but they all do the same. I can type maybe 5 short words before it freezes for about a second.

Videos playing directly from device also lag like streaming services, but mp3 and music do not lag.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VxXTlk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment