Monday, July 4, 2016

HTC M8 Unable to flash ROM, RUU Error 155, 32 header error, etc

This is gonna be long, so BIG thanx in advance for reading this post.

I will give as much info as possible to let u guys better determine whats going on, be prepared for a long read.
I have been fiddling with android 4-5 years ago, but that's it, so I consider my self a noob.

here it goes...

1) I have purchased an "international ver. HTC M8 brand new" from amazon third party seller for 200.00 USD

2) came with many evidence showing it's not brand new, but well disguised to look like new. See details:
1. I can tell it's a resealed package from experience; cable is a generic one that tries to mimic the original HTC cable, and it only charges (no data transfer). The charge brick has no film and has micro scratches.
2. Phone has no carrier logo, boot screen has no carrier logo, system has no carrier bloatware. The firmware seems to be unlocked/developer, but the CID(T-MOB010) and MID(0P6B13000) of the phone is T-Mobile!
3. As a brand new phone, it came rooted and S-Off.
4. OTA update fails indicating device has been modified.

3) Coming from a marshmallow phone, I decided to manual upgrade to Android 6. I downloaded the unlocked/developer & T-Mobile RUU from HTC, but both update fails at the black screen with silver HTC logo. (I forgot to mark down the error code, since I'm still a bit rusty from couple of years not digging this deep.)

4) I went ahead and unlocked the bootloader through HTC dev, then performed the same RUU. Same result.

5) I setup adb, then performed CID and MID change to make it the Dev ver. (BS_US002 + 0P6B12000). Ran the same RUU, same result.

6) Then I extracted the zip from the RUU and placed it in the ext sd to flash in hboot. Result was an error of file being too big.

7) I installed TWRP recovery, used it to flash the zip, received error of extraction fail. performed RUU, same result as above, noticed the error 155.

8) Next at fastboot usb, performed command <fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip> ends up with FAIL and Remote: not allowed message.

9) Finally, I tried RUU mode. Ended with the 32 header error:

Code:

C:\fastboot-win>adb reboot bootloader

C:\fastboot-win>fastboot oem rebootRUU
...
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.031s]
finished. total time: 0.031s

C:\fastboot-win>fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip
sending 'zip' (1537810 KB)...
OKAY [ 50.275s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) shift signature_size for header checking...
FAILED (remote: 32 header error)
finished. total time: 50.415s

C:\fastboot-win>

which according to Sneakyghost's post, he doesn't know what is the cause
http://ift.tt/1xaTtzP

I have dug through many xda post and google, but had no luck.
I felt pretty helpless and frustrated now, makes me wonder what is going on with this phone.

This is gonna be my last resort, pls if someone knows what's going on and how to fix this, teach me, Please!

feel free to ask about more info, I will try to explain in further details.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29dW6NE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment