Saturday, July 30, 2016

Question about S7 edge video recording FPS

Hi all,

I have been tinkering with filming on my S7 edge recently and discovered some discrepancies regarding the S7 edge video recording fps.

I shot 3 FHD (standard/30fps) video and 3 FHD (60fps) and played back on my macbook pro via Quicktime.

I noticed that for the 3 FHD (standard/30fps) videos, the frame rates displayed on Quicktime movie inspector are 23.96fps, 23.97fps and 24fps instead of 30fps.

Then i checked the 3 FHD (60fps) videos. The frame rates displayed on Quicktime movie inspector are 59.96fps, 59.97fps and 60.07fps instead of 60fps.

I compared the results to the videos shot at 24fps using my Canon 70D. 3 videos @ 24fps consistently showed frame rate of 23.98fps on Quicktime movie inspector.

So i am wondering, why does the video recording fps of S7 vary by so much? Is it software or hardware issue?

Thank you all.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2akQmBk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment